Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
1 1/2 cup brown sugar tightly packed
1/3 cup Hartley’s Premium syrup
1 teaspoon Hartley’s vanilla
1 large egg (room temperature & lightly beaten.)
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Granulated sugar for rolling or sprinkling
- Melt butter in large, microwave-safe bowl and allow to cool completely.
- Stir in brown sugar and Hartley’s premium syrup until smooth.
- Stir in Hartley’s vanilla.
- Add egg and stir until well-combined.
- In separate, medium-sized bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mix to the butter mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once dough is about 30 minutes from being ready, preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop dough into round 1 1/2″ scoops. Roll in or sprinkle lightly with granulated sugar and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool completely on cookie sheet.