Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 box of bowtie pasta cooked according to package (remember to generously salt water before cooking pasta)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup Florida Key West Key Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp jerk seasoning paste, I chose mild (found in the ethnic foods isle of grocer)
- 2 tbsp honey
- salt to taste
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 yellow bell peppers, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 hand full fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped (you can eliminate if you don’t like this flavor)
- Cook bowtie pasta according to box.
- In a medium sauce pan on medium-low heat, melt unsalted butter and add in minced garlic. Cook 1-2 minutes until garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in Florida Key West Key Lime Juice and chicken stock. Allow to simmer about 5 minutes.
- Mix in jerk seasoning paste, honey, and salt to taste.
- Allow to sauce to simmer additional 5 minutes to marry all of the flavors.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly and thicken.
- I love crunch in my veggies, so I don’t cook my bell peppers. If you like them slightly tender, cook them in the sauce before removing from heat. However, I throw my raw bell peppers into the cooked pasta.
- Toss the cooked pasta with bell peppers, chopped green onions, grilled shrimp, and pour jerk sauce over.
- Plate each portion and sprinkle chopped, fresh cilantro on each serving.