Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- 1/2 pound beets (about 4 medium sized beets), scrubbed clean, cooked, peeled, and cubed*
- 2 Tbsp tahini sesame seed paste
- 5 Tbsp of Florida Key West lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- Pinch of sea salt or Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Cook the beets in a covered dish with about 1/4-inch of water in a 375°F oven, cook until easily penetrated with a knife or fork.
- Peel once they have cooled.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor (or blender) and pulse until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings and ingredients as desired.
- Chill and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for longer storage.
- Eat with pita chips, or with sliced cucumber or celery, or on a crostini with goat cheese and shaved mint.