A simple, tasty, and fast twist to your salad plate. Here’s a fun Asian Lime dressing to get your kids cooking in the kitchen. Grab a large mason jar to make this dressing “shake-able” for little hands.
Mason Jar Asian Lime Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sesame seed oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Florida Key West Key Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 green onion, chopped
- dried red pepper flakes, to taste
- 12-16 ounce mason jar with lid, optional. You may whisk ingredients in bowl.
- In a mason jar, add in extra virgin olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, and Florida Key West Key Lime Juice. Close lid and shake jar well, about 1 minute.
- Open mason jar and drop in brown sugar, honey, garlic, ground ginger, rice wine vinegar, and dried red pepper flakes. With mason jar lid off, pop into microwave for 30 seconds (just enough to heat and thin out the honey) remove and seal jar with lid and shake an additional 1 minute.
- Rough chop a green onion and add to jar. Shake 30 more seconds and let flavors marry at least 10 minutes.
- Pour over salad. Asian Salad mix-ins to follow.
Suggested Asian Salad Mix-Ins:
- 1 bag of broccoli slaw mix (green cabbage, red cabbage, and carrots), found in grocers packaged salad section
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 package of dry, uncooked Ramen noodles, smashed into crunchy bite-sized pieces
- Crispy wontons
- Black sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli slaw mix, baby spinach, and bean sprouts.
- Toss to combine all veggies.
- Pour in half of the Mason Jar Asian Lime Vinaigrette and mix well with salad tongs.
- Place on a large, serving dish and top with crunchy Ramen noodles, crispy wontons, and black sesame seeds for a perfectly, crunchy and texture balanced bite.