I’m head over heels for any meal that has pasta as the main course! The weather is finally starting to heat up, which means it’s time to fire up those grills and clean off that patio dining set. In Florida, we are fortunate to be able to grill all year long. Quite honestly, grilling is the only way I can get my girls to eat protein.
Lately, I have been craving those incredible beachy flavors. Ya know, the kind of food that makes you close your eyes and imagine your toes in the sand?! I love big, bold bites of bright lime and spicy jerk seasonings. I have recently been introduced to a new product, Florida Key West Key Lime Juice. This isn’t your average bottled key lime juice, Florida Key West Key Lime Juice is made from 100% key limes! I value my time and I can’t imagine having to squeeze a ton of key limes to get the juice I need to make dinner. Seriously, with a family of 6 and a job…convenience is everything.
I can always rely on my children and husband eating pasta, but sometimes they grow tired of tomato based sauces. In light of the wonderful weather we have been having lately, I wanted to lighten and brighten dinner with some key lime action! What possibly goes better with Florida Key West Key Lime Juice than jerk seasoning?! Get ready and grab hold of your forks because your taste buds are about to go on a ride! This is a quick, simple, and very tasty meal you can whip up in no time. If you are not in the mood for grilled shrimp, change things up with chicken breast or your favorite white fish.
Caribbean Pasta With Honey Lime Glazed Shrimp
For the Honey Lime Glazed Shrimp
- 1-2 pounds of peeled and cleaned shrimp
- 1/4 cup Florida Key West Key Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Skewers for grilling (If bamboo skewers, soak in water at least 30 minutes prior)
- Preheat grill to 35o degrees and spray with nonstick grill spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together Florida Key West Key Lime Juice, extra virgin olive oil, and honey until well combined.
- Whisk in garlic powder, ground cumin, ground mustard, and salt/pepper to taste.
- Marinade shrimp in mixture about 15 minutes.
- Skewer raw, marinated shrimp and place on a tray.
Grill 3-4 minutes on each side, until shrimp are bright pink. Remove from heat and allow to cool.